Thursday, December 15, 2005

My Bulgarian Essay: For PCVS

So I was at the "question asking" lesson in my Bulgarian book and I had to write an essay about questions I ask myself when I am in a bad mood. The last few weeks have been very taxing emotionally, so I was pretty prepared for the exercize. Fellow PCVs, I send this out into the world to find out if you are in my boat....I think some of you are......Oh, and I wrote it in English below. The Bulgarian is just for fun!

Какво стана? Защо плачаш? Защо не можеш да го забравиш?

Те не слушат никой. Различна ли си? Ако не искат да учат как можеш да научаш? Обаче искам да учат.

Дали са отегчени? Щяха ли да слушат ако правим нещо по-забавно? Но как можеш да правиш забавни неща ако не знаят нищо? Как? Нали това е въпроса?

Добре ли си? Свикваш ли със Стралджа? Харесва ли ти животът тук? Какво ли щеше да правиш ано беше в САЩ? Щеше ли да имаш по-добър живот? Не. Щях да бъда по-тъжена. Нима не исках да пъртувам и да опитвам друг живот? Нима не исках да стана по-силна? Да. Хайде!

Now in English:
What happened? Why are you crying? Why can't you forget about it?

They don't listen to anyone. Are you different? If they don't want to learn, how can you teach them? But, I want them to learn.

I wonder, are they bored? Would they listen if we did funner things? But how can you do fun things if they don't know anything? How? That's the question, right?

Are you okay? Are you used to Straldja? Do you like the life here? What would you be doing if you were in the States now? Would you have a better life? No. I'd be sadder. Didn't you want to travel and try another life? Didn't you want to become stronger? Yes. Well then, come on!

No comments: