Sunday, February 19, 2006

Ripped from real life...

Things to keep in mind:
1. Evenings in my town are reserved for the returning of farm animals to their homes.
2. Many of these returning herds are not lead by a herder...They are lead to pasture in a big group with one herder, and then are released in town to find their own way home.
3. There are no perfect, clean 4-way intersections in my town...They are all just "paved" cowpaths that tend to meet and cross sometimes.

I took a walk yesterday. Weather was beautiful. Warm. Sunny. It was good to be out in nature after this horrible cold we've had.

On my walk, I came to an "intersection." It is a five-point jobby about a 10-minute walk outside of the center.

A herd of sheep was just reaching the end of the intersection across from me. A herd of cows came up next to me. A heard of goats came up on the road to my left.

There were stood...Me, a herd of goats, a herd of sheep and a herd of cows, facing eachother, waiting to see who would cross the street first.

One of the front-most goats neighed. A few sheep bahhed in response. Then and even bigger group of cows mooed. I suppose the cows won because they began to cross the intersection. Once they were across a bunch of goats neighed and walked into the street. They turned and went the way the cows had come, and I jumped onto a "yard" to keep out of their way. Finally the sheep crossed the street and added themselves to the back of the herd of goats. Then, at last, it was my turn.

Surely, I must be making this up...This type of thing only happens in clean jokes. But no, I assure you. This is just how we roll in Straldja.

1 comment:

summer08 said...

That is so funny! I remember those herds coming home when we took our walk! Only in Bulgaria!

Oh ..the ice dancers from Biulgaria did a good job! I was excited when I heard bulgaria!

MOM