Tuesday, January 10, 2006

an assignment they LIKED!

So there was this assignment in my 8th grade textbook where they had to translate a joke from Bulgarian to English. Here is one some of my top girls managed (though I have refined it and added some Becca-flavor). Did you know they have dumb blonde jokes in Bulgarian? (Only the Bulgarian strain usually includes farm animals).

A blonde decides she is sick of being called dumb and dyes her hair brown. Soon after she is walking down the road when she encounters a shepherd taking his flock to pasture. She asks the shepherd, "Oooh, I love sheep! If I can guess the number of sheep in your flock, may I keep a sheep?" The shepherd replies, "Yes. If you guess the number of sheep in my flock, I will give you a sheep."

The former blonde looks at the flock and says, "You have 23 sheep in your flock." The shepherd says, "Correct! Choose your sheep!" The former blonde picks up an animal and starts to walk away.

The shepherd hollars back to her, "Hey, if I correctly guess the actual color of your hair, will you give me my dog back?!"

3 comments:

summer08 said...

That was good!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

That's a good one. Made me laugh out loud.

Anonymous said...

not so sure how i feel about you makin fun of blondes, becca, be. i thought i had escaped those crazy dumb blonde jokes by leaving america. now i have to deal with them here too?? ahhh, bulgaria. you have no natural blondes here, why ya gotta hate? whyyyyy?

glad they liked the assignment

*Sarah*